SOUTH CAROLINA DISTRICT COUNCIL OF THE ASSEMBLIES OF GOD
DISTRICT ROYAL RANGERS COUNCIL
adopted march 1, 2008
The purpose of the South Carolina District Royal Rangers Council shall be to encourage and to implement the ministry of Royal Rangers through the initiation and operation of approved projects of a district scope.
The South Carolina District Royal Rangers Council (hereinafter referred to as the District RR Council) shall be governed by the following bylaws.
Section 1. Relationships. The District RR Council shall operate under the supervision of the Men’s Ministries/HonorBound department of the South Carolina District Council of the Assemblies of God. The District RR Council shall operate in accordance with all policies, regulations and procedures established by this body.
Section 2. Authority. The District RR Council shall have the authority to act on all RR Council meeting agenda items approved by the RR Executive Committee of the District RR Council in accordance with Article V, Section I, of these bylaws.
Appointments to the district, division, section and area Royal Rangers Staff shall be made in accordance with the procedures established in the South Carolina District Royal Rangers Ethics and Operational Procedures Manual.
Section 1. Membership Prerequisites. To qualify for District RR Council membership, an individual must be:
1. An ordained or licensed minister in good standing with the Assemblies of God, or
2. A Christian worker or lay person who is a member in good standing of an Assemblies of God church, or
3. A registered member of a current chartered Royal Ranger Outpost.
Section 2. Regular Membership. The regular membership of the District RR Council shall consist of the individuals who meet the qualifications as specified in Section 1, and who hold the following offices:
1. The District Superintendent
2. The District Director of the Men’s Ministries/HonorBound Department
3. All commanders, councilmen, and pastors of a current chartered outpost.
Section 3. Voting Rights. All persons listed in section 2 above are voting members of the District RR Council. All Royal Rangers are encouraged to attend District RR Council to express opinion and participate in the discussion of Council agenda items.
Section 4. Honorary Membership. The District Royal Rangers Executive Committee shall have the prerogative to designate individuals, who have contributed significantly in some way to the Royal Rangers ministry, as honorary members of the District RR Council. These members shall be called Field Advisors and shall be entitled to all the privileges of regular Council membership with the exception of voting privileges.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
The portfolio and description of duties of the District Royal Rangers Executive Committee Members and District Royal Ranger Staff members are listed in the South Carolina Royal Ranger Ethics and Operational Procedures Manual.
Section 1. Executive Committee
1. The duties of the District Royal Ranger Executive Committee shall be:
a. To act for and on behalf of the District RR Council in all matters that affects its interests while the Council is not in session.
b. To establish committees as deemed necessary to facilitate the planning and coordination of District RR Council projects and functions.
c. To act on proposals from District RR Council members and committees, by either acting on the proposals directly as authorized, or by referring recommendations to the appropriate individual, appropriate committee or to the council as a whole for consideration.
d. To make an annual report to the District RR Council.
2. The District Director shall set the agenda for each executive committee meeting.
3. The membership of the executive committee shall consist of:
a. District Director
b. Assistant District Director
c. FCF President
d. District Training Coordinator
e. District Communications Coordinator
f. District Outreach Coordinator
g. District Productions Coordinator
h. Other positions as appointed by the district director, with executive staff approval.
4. The District Director is designated chairman of the District RR Council.
5. The executive committee shall meet whenever necessary between district Royal Ranger staff meetings and district RR council meetings to conduct business.
6. Fifty (50) percent of the current executive committee members present at any duly called meeting of the executive committee shall constitute a quorum.
Section 2. Standing Committees.
1. The Chairman of the District RR Council shall appoint standing committees, and may include, but is not limited to, the following:
a. Resolutions Committee
b. Training Committee
c. Communications Committee
d. Production Committee
e. Frontiersmen Camping Fellowship (FCF) Committee
f. Outreach Committee
2. The membership and duties assigned to each committee shall be in accordance with the procedures established in the District Royal Rangers Ethics and Operational Procedures manual. Any resolution or directive of any standing committee is amendable by the executive committee.
Section 3. Other Committees. The executive committee shall establish any other committees deemed necessary. These committees shall be designated “Special Committees”. The membership of these committees shall consist of those council members and other consultants appointed by the council chairman. Committees may be established for specific periods of time or permanent at the discretion of the executive committee.
Section 1. Parliamentary Procedures.
1. Regular meetings of the District Royal Rangers Council shall be held annually to consider reports, recommendations, projects and other business. In keeping with the spirit of Christian love, courtesy, and fellowship, and in order to expedite the work of the Council and to avoid confusion in its deliberations, the Council shall be governed by accepted rules of parliamentary procedure.
2. Meyer’s Rules of Order shall be used to govern the meetings of this body in which they are consistent with these bylaws and any special rules of order the Council may adopt.
Section 2. Agenda. The chairman shall set the agenda for each meeting of the District RR Council, in accordance with Article V, Section 1, of these bylaws.
Section 3. Minutes. Minutes of all duly called District RR Council, executive committee and district RR staff meetings will be recorded and forwarded to the members of each committee as appropriate. A copy of all minutes will also be given to the district chaplain. Royal Ranger leaders of a currently chartered outpost may be provided a copy of the minutes upon request. Ministers of the South Carolina District Council of the Assemblies of God will also be provided a copy of the minutes upon request.
The council members present at any duly called meeting of the District RR Council shall constitute a quorum.
These bylaws may be amended at the annual District RR Council meeting by a simple majority vote of those present. The proposed amendments must be submitted in writing to the chairman of the council at least ninety (90) days prior to the Council meeting.
Page 4 of 4