Adult Leader Training
Tracy Chavis, District Training Coordinator
Saturday, July 29th
8AM – 4PM
1700 N Pleasantburg Drive
We recommend that you bring a Leaders Manual and Bible, but not required. Send your name, phone number, OP #, church name to: Michael Keese, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT send to Tracy Chavis.
Ranger Basics is a one-day hands-on experience that teaches how to run successful outpost meetings, how to use the Rangers curriculum and advancement system, and how to build healthy relationships with boys and young men. You also learn soul-winning techniques for evangelism.
COMING TO SOUTH CAROLINA!!! National Rangers Ministry Camp will give instruction in basic outdoor skills and activities providing leaders with the skills needed to take their Ranger boys on exciting outpost activities outside their normal weekly meeting times. Instruction in effectively implementing the team/patrol method will be offered as a means to facilitate junior leadership development. Also, leaders will be challenged to connect with God and explore spiritual manhood.
|10/27/17 – 10/29/17||Honea Path, SC||Discount deadline: 09/22/2017|
The fundamental goal of training is to inspire, mobilize, and resource leaders to empower them to achieve their greatest success and effectiveness. Royal Rangers training is based on three core values:
- Spiritual Development. All classroom and event-based leadership training will have a spiritual emphasis.
- Ranger Skills Development. Training will focus on the seven methods Royal Rangers use to minister to boys. Ranger skills are a key component of this success.
- Leadership Development. Leadership development will be key as Royal Rangers moves to become a boy led, adult facilitated ministry.
It takes a leader to mentor new leaders. Training will help Royal Rangers strengthen its leadership core.
Church leadership believes that well trained leaders are the key to any ministry’s success. Pastors understand that a trained volunteer is much more likely to commit their time and can be counted on to show up every week. For these reason, and others, the Royal Rangers program places a high priority on leader training.
Training Opportunities for Adult Leaders
Adult leader training options:
- Outpost Leader Advancement Levels are a streamlined training process with clear objectives and achievable goals. These combine local training offered by the district and national training events designed to equip leaders with the skills needed to be an effective leader in the local outpost.
- Organizational Leadership Training Levels challenge individuals in positions of service beyond the local level to grow spiritually, to develop well-rounded ministry competencies, and to enhance their leadership aptitudes.
National Camps & Conferences, conducted under the direction of the national Royal Rangers leadership and held at various locations around the country each year
The Rangers Ministry Academy Training Chart provides an overall visual image of the different types of training opportunities, which are either available now or are in development.